Jump to content
NAKIVO Community Forum

Jason

Members
  • Posts

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Jason last won the day on August 30

Jason had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Jason's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

  • One Year In
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

12

Reputation

  1. Before I update my Vcenter is Nakivo compatible with 7.0U3G?
  2. I went ahead and updated the units and everything seems fine after refreshing the transporters.
  3. Is 10.6.1.67016-3004 of Nakivo fully supported with 7.1-42661 Update 4? It shows in the package center as showing an update after I updated my Synology NAS.
  4. It is not available in the PRO license!
  5. I tried to update to 10.6.1 today and was told I require 7.0.4000 or older. Of course my NAS units are on the latest build. IS this going to be an ongoing issue every time I want to update Nakivo? I reached out to support and they want me to SSH my Synology units and use ssh installers. Please tell me this will not be the procedure going foward.
  6. Hi. Before I update to DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 2 I was wondering if it will cause issues with Nakivo 10.4.0 (build 56979 from 30 Jul 2021). Do I need to update Nakivo first?
  7. So I am looking to update my VSphere cluster to 7.0.3.00100 and currently run Nakivo 10.4.0 and the Synology NAS is on DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2 and will NOT be upgraded to 7.0.1 because it does not support DSM 7. Do I just need to update to 10.4.1 to have this work fine? Or do I need 10.5 Again I am not on DSM for this particular unit.
  8. So only the package center version should be used then? Just want to clarify before I roll out DSM 7 to my other NAS units.
  9. So I downgraded to 6.2.3 as per the great instructions above. After install my NAS reported DSM had an issue in the system health widget. I installed the transporter package for my 816 and still could not connect. Stated the connection was refused. Frustrated I decided to just go back to DSM 7 and wait it out again. After updating to 7 my Nakivo package would only let me uninstall so after doing that I took a chance and searched for Nakivo in the package center. I saw the transporter package and installed it. I only use the transporter version on this NAS for offsite replication of VM's. On the source Nakivo I refreshed the transporter and it connected. Refreshed the repository and it worked as well. now running an off site copy job... Is it due to the newest version of DSM 7? Did Nakivo finally get this passed? I have no idea but I still feel this was a terrible way of handling a major issue. If your app is not approved by a vendor send out an email to all customers. Pretty simple. I hope Nakivo will learn from this.
  10. Not sure how that image helps what we are trying to get Nakivo to understand....2FA should be across all license levels. This is a basic security requirement and it appears Nakivo are putting it behind a paywall. This along with the DSM 7 fiasco has me reviewing all my Nakivo installs and considering other vendors next fiscal year.
  11. The workaround does not work when you have offsite NAS units. The Site to Site VPN is not set up that way. This has been a terrible experience with Nakivo and Synology.
  12. Great so they have to develop a whole new version and this waiting for the app to be approved is basically not true. This has been a total mess. While I like Nakivo for cost and features this is certainly going to make me research new backup systems.
  13. Please get this approval completed. I am sure Nakivo can CALL someone at Synology and ask what is causing the delay. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE by both companies. I cannot use the work around suggested and will be exploring other options ASAP. Don't release a product that doesn't have a major DSM version approval. Release it AFTER!!!!
  14. May I ask why 10.4 was released without certification from Synology? Seems like that would be something done before letting us upgrade. I don't have the ability for a work around suggested in this thread and am considering moving to a different back up system (a lot of work) as I do not have off site backup for one of my site....
×
×
  • Create New...