NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Editing Recovery point retention using rest api

sathya

I have searched for marking recovery point retention as forever using api, but i could not 
find it in the help document. I have also searched for marking recovery point retention as forever while running the job using rest api.
I could not find that too. Kindly guide me how to do it via rest api.
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, sathya said:
I have searched for marking recovery point retention as forever using api, but i could not 
find it in the help document. I have also searched for marking recovery point retention as forever while running the job using rest api.
I could not find that too. Kindly guide me how to do it via rest api.

Hello, @sathyaThe current NAKIVO version does not support this API request. Thank you so much for your attention and participation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hello @sathya Hope you are doing well. Please find the attached API from our developer's team here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vA1XWNhY79RJHidRBOwvU0OzrFkW19O1/view?usp=sharing

We look forward to hearing from you.

=> Update step 4

Request: {

"action": "BackupManagement",

"method": "updateSavepointInfo",

"data": [{

"protectedPolicy": "KEEP_FOREVER",

"expired": null, 

"savePointId": 123, // Savepoint ID from JobManagement.getSavepoints call

"description": null // Update new value or have to keep the same to the value is get from response at the step 3 ( JobManagement.getSavepoints call)

}

],

"type": "rpc",

"tid": 4

}

1 hour ago, sathya said:

Hi,

Thank you for making it happen in a short time.

How can I test this? 

Hello, @sathya, I have sent the request for assistance to the Support Team, but for such particular cases it would be better if you open a support ticket in our system by sending us a support bundle https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles

Thank you for understanding

1 hour ago, sathya said:

Hi,

I have tested the function and it works perfectly.
Thank you Team Nakivo for hearing our requirements and making it happen in a short period of time.

@sathya thank you for a great feedback. I will send it to our team. We are honored to have clients like you. In case you still have questions about the testing process here are some hints:

Apply the API call to change the retention settings for the existing Recovery points. After this, a check is whether or not the retention policy has been changed for those recovery points.

Thank you for being so patient while we were examining your request. Please, let us know if we can help in the future. We look forward to hearing from you.