NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

What speed over WAN

Simon

What sort of transfer speed are others getting on backup copy jobs across WAN links?

I'm setting up the repositories as FAST compression and Network Acceleration enabled and I'm getting between 3 MB/s and at best 15 MBps. The latter is with the source on a 50/50 leased line and the target on a 200/200 FTTP.

• Like 1

Hi,

When you say the speed of 'read' and 'write' what do you mean? These are Synology units and the local backup to the drives gets about 130 MB/s

What is odd is that the speed in the 'speedometer' varies so much. Can you explain what this is showing and whether you'd expect it to fluctuate?

image.thumb.png.1f2793953da1e8159a3ef066ae92afff.png

Here the speed is down at Zero with the job still running, but a few moments ago it was at 40 MB/s - is that right?

• Like 1

Hi Simon

I agree with official Moderator, it also depends on the CPU power of the included devices.
Are you sending from a Server or Nas to a Server or Nas?
At the beginnign I was using the Transporter on the Synology Nas, but this was a bottleneck.
Now I use whenever the HpyerV/ESX as Transporter and att the storage over SMB. This has increased the processing speed.

Mario

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Hi Simon

I agree with official Moderator, it also depends on the CPU power of the included devices.
Are you sending from a Server or Nas to a Server or Nas?
At the beginnign I was using the Transporter on the Synology Nas, but this was a bottleneck.
Now I use whenever the HpyerV/ESX as Transporter and att the storage over SMB. This has increased the processing speed.

Mario

So if I understand this right, you're installing the full Nakivo Windows installation on the Hyper-V server and then backing up to the NAS as a mapped drive?

• Like 1