Jump to content
NAKIVO Community Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Loki Rodriguez said:

Hello, community, let's gather here general and more scecific tips on how to speed up backups. Any suggestions and comments will be helpful. Thank you

Hello, @Loki Rodriguez, great idea! From my side I can recommend reading this worthwhile blog posts and references: 

How to Increase VM Backup Speed

Increasing VM Backup and Replication Speed with Network Acceleration

Network Acceleration

Best Practices for Efficient Hyper-V VM Backup

Advanced Bandwidth Throttling

VMware Backup: Top 10 Best Practices

Hyper-V Best Practices for Administration

An Overview of Microsoft Office 365 Backup Best Practices

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, guys 😀 two remarks from me - on one hand, anti-virus solutions can slow down saving and reading data from a disk, but on the other hand, ransomware issues can cause performance degradation. So you should always keep the balance 

Edited by Hakim
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hakim said:

Hello, guys 😀 two remarks from me - on one hand, anti-virus solutions can slow down saving and reading data from a disk, but on the other hand, ransomware issues can cause performance degradation. So you should always keep the balance 

Hello, @Hakim, I think you should find out more information about NAKIVO Backup for Ransomware Protection: https://www.nakivo.com/ransomware-protection/

Anti-ransomware software alone is not sufficient to protect your organization's data. 

Also I recommend reading best practices for ransomware protection and recovery: https://www.nakivo.com/ransomware-protection/white-paper/best-practices-for-ransomware-protection-and-recovery/

Sorry for the offtop, I just wanted to support your remark 😇

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I created this thread, I thought we would be mostly speaking about network load and its critical impact on backups. (Update: Yes, I have found this information if one of the references by @Official Moderator)

Reducing the network load is the first I would do in a situation when you want to increase backup server performance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Loki Rodriguez said:

When I created this thread, I thought we would be mostly speaking about network load and its critical impact on backups. (Update: Yes, I have found this information if one of the references by @Official Moderator)

Reducing the network load is the first I would do in a situation when you want to increase backup server performance.

@Loki RodriguezYes, thank you for the update. You can find the information in my references list. Also, I recommend paying particular attention to the Network Acceleration feature, which is extremely useful in speeding up VM backup and replication jobs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

@Loki RodriguezYes, thank you for the update. You can find the information in my references list. Also, I recommend paying particular attention to the Network Acceleration feature, which is extremely useful in speeding up VM backup and replication jobs.

Speaking about VMware backups, VMware Monitoring from NAKIVO is worth mentioning: https://www.nakivo.com/it-monitoring/vmware-monitoring

It actually helps to optimize the performance of environment and resolve the issues that can cause the problems with speed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, randomguy said:

Speaking about VMware backups, VMware Monitoring from NAKIVO is worth mentioning: https://www.nakivo.com/it-monitoring/vmware-monitoring

It actually helps to optimize the performance of environment and resolve the issues that can cause the problems with speed.

@randomguy Thank you for your post, by the way here you can find a free webinar recording on the topic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...