NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

Xarzu

I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V.  There seemed to be some memory and resource issues.  So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system.  I uninstalled a few programs that I determined I did not need.  Then I also disabled some programs that run on start up.

There must have been something, within the scope of all of this, that something was done to make Hyper-V behave differently.  And this is why I am posting this. The data in which the virtual machines ran on must still exist on my hard drive and I should be able to load it again.

At this time, when I type to launch hyper-v, I am given the opportunity to launch "Hyper-V Manager". The program loads with no virtual machines listen.  It's title bar says "Console1 - [Console Root]" amd "Console Root is listed as a folder.  How do I set things back to the way they were?  What are your thoughts?  Please help.

hypervj.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xarzu said:

I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V.  There seemed to be some memory and resource issues.  So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system.  I uninstalled a few programs that I determined I did not need.  Then I also disabled some programs that run on start up.

There must have been something, within the scope of all of this, that something was done to make Hyper-V behave differently.  And this is why I am posting this. The data in which the virtual machines ran on must still exist on my hard drive and I should be able to load it again.

At this time, when I type to launch hyper-v, I am given the opportunity to launch "Hyper-V Manager". The program loads with no virtual machines listen.  It's title bar says "Console1 - [Console Root]" amd "Console Root is listed as a folder.  How do I set things back to the way they were?  What are your thoughts?  Please help.

hypervj.jpg

@Xarzu Thank you for your post on NAKIVO Forum! Your information was received and forwarded to our Support Team. We will follow up with you shortly. Thank you for choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication as your data protection solution.

15 hours ago, Xarzu said:

hypervj.jpg

@Xarzu

Thank you for your post. We investigated your issue and resume that this is out of NAKIVO support.

Please, open a ticket to the Microsoft Support Team: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us. Thank you so much for your attention and participation.