NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

S3 Compatible Storage

Leezy

Hi Team,

i am excited for the AWS S3 storage integration which will be coming on V9.4.

however, i was thinking if there are anyway we could use compatible S3 instead of AWS. 

i would like to test it out with S3 Compatible like Mimio or Wasabi Storage if there are options for it. thanks.

i am also interested to explore if there are anyway i could change that configuration for AWS S3 on NBR to use other S3 storage. thanks.

regards,

leezy

• Like 1

I would like to seek your advise on the following. Is there any reason why the S3 storage option only allow full backup incremental. But not continuous incremental? This way it will remove the dedupe capability.

• Like 1

i think i have just manage to create a S3FS-Fuse with Tardigrade Decentralize Storage on the NBR VA... 

and the backup to cloud seems to work too ... i got a whooping 256TB storage space. this is S3 Compatible storage hosted on Tardigrade network...

image.png.1367a613e343556f7926527a4e771864.png

image.png.800093962c3560bd0e351fb270313cc1.png

i would like to know if we configure AWS S3 as target repository. during backup, or backup copy job, does the transporter store local copy before uploading to AWS? or it will directly upload to S3? will there be a local cache copy during S3 transmission?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, Leezy said:

i think i have just manage to create a S3FS-Fuse with Tardigrade Decentralize Storage on the NBR VA... 

and the backup to cloud seems to work too ... i got a whooping 256TB storage space. this is S3 Compatible storage hosted on Tardigrade network...

image.png.1367a613e343556f7926527a4e771864.png

image.png.800093962c3560bd0e351fb270313cc1.png

How did you do this? What was your throughput?

• Like 1