NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10 Is Here!

Thank you for the information.

In the releasenote of v10 I found:

Critical Issue of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.4

The issue with the Skip unused blocks feature that in rare cases could potentially skip data blocks beyond unused space has been fixed in the current version. Users of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3 and earlier versions are not affected by this issue. If you are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.4, make sure you do the following:

Update NAKIVO Backup & Replication to v9.4.2 or v10.0.
    Re-run your jobs.

Note that jobs with the enabled Skip unused blocks feature can take longer to complete.

How do I know if I'm  affected by this problem?
Also there is noting about the release v9.4.2 in the releasenotes?

Currently, I'm on v9.4.0.45189 and I don't like to move ASAP to v10, how do I get the 9.4.2?

Thanks

Mario

• Like 1

Hello Mario,

In some rare cases, this issue could influence the consistency of backups. It could be checked for some specific VM by running Flash boot of VM/recovery point - whether it will be fine or not.
Please generate and send us a new support bundle (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles). You can copy the forum link into the ticket description and we will send you a link to the necessary updater.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:36 PM, Mario said:

Thank you for the information.

In the releasenote of v10 I found:

Critical Issue of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.4

The issue with the Skip unused blocks feature that in rare cases could potentially skip data blocks beyond unused space has been fixed in the current version. Users of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3 and earlier versions are not affected by this issue. If you are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.4, make sure you do the following:

Update NAKIVO Backup & Replication to v9.4.2 or v10.0.
    Re-run your jobs.

Note that jobs with the enabled Skip unused blocks feature can take longer to complete.

How do I know if I'm  affected by this problem?
Also there is noting about the release v9.4.2 in the releasenotes?

Currently, I'm on v9.4.0.45189 and I don't like to move ASAP to v10, how do I get the 9.4.2?

Thanks

Mario

I also would like to know how to get 9.4.2

Because I don't want to update to v10 yet, want to wait a while.

I tried v10 but it has very bad performance issues.

• Like 1

Just another question about v10:

In the blog was a description of the File System Indexing (https://www.nakivo.com/blog/nakivo-backup-replication-v10-beta-released/)

File System Indexing

This feature’s intriguing name speaks for itself if you put yourself in Mike’s shoes. Mike is an IT administrator of an enterprise-scale environment and he runs daily backups of hundreds of VMs. Mike needs just this one file to restore. But there’s no way he can remember which VM backup or recovery point contains that file – unsurprisingly. 

Now you can enable File System Indexing in NAKIVO Backup & Replication and create an index of the files and folders in any backup. Next time, when a file is missing, you just search for it using the Global Search feature and recover it immediately.

Is this in the final of v10?

Mario

• Like 1