NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Slow copy to Wasabi

Matt

We just purchased some Wasabi storage and starting a Nakivo copy job to get some of our data up in the cloud.

The copy is running extremely slow, averaging about 10-15Mbps.  When I manually copy files into a Wasabi bucket (with another piece of software) I can get over 30MBps (240Mbps) easily, using the exact same hardware.  I know that Nakivo will create some overhead in copying from a local repository into a cloud repository, but this amount (16 times slower) is unacceptable.

Is there a way to configure Nakivo to run this any faster?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

We just purchased some Wasabi storage and starting a Nakivo copy job to get some of our data up in the cloud.

The copy is running extremely slow, averaging about 10-15Mbps.  When I manually copy files into a Wasabi bucket (with another piece of software) I can get over 30MBps (240Mbps) easily, using the exact same hardware.  I know that Nakivo will create some overhead in copying from a local repository into a cloud repository, but this amount (16 times slower) is unacceptable.

Is there a way to configure Nakivo to run this any faster?

@Matt We appreciate your patience during our investigation.

Please clarify details on how you check the speed to Wasabi manually. Which software/commands do you use?

Additionally, please do the following:

1. In the Wasabi targeting job, enable the "Bottleneck detection" option.

2. Run this job manually or wait for its scheduled run.

3. When it finishes, generate a new support bundle and send it to us.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

> Please clarify details on how you check the speed to Wasabi manually. Which software/commands do you use?

I'm using Wasabi Explorer, running it on the same Windows machine that my Nakivo Transporter runs on.  Wasabi Explorer also lets you increase the number of threads in use.  I cranked it up awhile ago, and now I'm getting speeds around 150 MBps (1200 Mbps) while Nakivo limps along at 20 Mbps

I'll likely need to set up a test job for steps 1-3.  The backup that I'm trying to copy up to Wasabi now is 12TB, and I estimate it will take 8 more days to finish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt said:

> Please clarify details on how you check the speed to Wasabi manually. Which software/commands do you use?

I'm using Wasabi Explorer, running it on the same Windows machine that my Nakivo Transporter runs on.  Wasabi Explorer also lets you increase the number of threads in use.  I cranked it up awhile ago, and now I'm getting speeds around 150 MBps (1200 Mbps) while Nakivo limps along at 20 Mbps

I'll likely need to set up a test job for steps 1-3.  The backup that I'm trying to copy up to Wasabi now is 12TB, and I estimate it will take 8 more days to finish.

@Matt Thank you for your reply.

>>>  I cranked it up awhile ago, and now I'm getting speeds around 150 MBps (1200 Mbps) while Nakivo limps along at 20 Mbps

>>> I'll likely need to set up a test job for steps 1-3.  The backup that I'm trying to copy up to Wasabi now is 12TB, and I estimate it will take 8 more days to finish.

Please try again with a small selected VM then check the result.

For a specific case, to continue the investigation, please follow the suggested steps in the previous email.

===============

1. In the Wasabi targeting job, enable the "Bottleneck detection" option.

2. Run this job manually or wait for its scheduled run.

3. When it finishes, generate a new support bundle and send it to us with the detailed problem description.

===============

We are looking forward to hearing from you. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.