NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Nakivo 10.7 and Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2, how to update?

11 hours ago, John Leeuwis said:

I am using a Synology DSM214+ with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2. I am also using Nakivo 10.6.1 (build 67016 from 15 Jul 2022). How can I upgrade to Nakivo version 10.7?

>>>How can I upgrade to Nakivo version 10.7?

@John Leeuwis Thank you for your interest in NAKIVO! You can update via .ssh installers.

You can download them using these links:

DSM 7+ updaters 10.7.1:

x86_64

https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.1.69062_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

armv7

https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.1.69062_Updater_Synology_arm_v7.sh

armv8

https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.1.69062_Updater_Synology_arm_v8.sh

Then you can perform the following steps:

Create a new folder "Update" under OPT directory.

1. mkdir /opt/Update

Copy the downloaded file to the new directory

2. /opt/Update

3. Stop NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Stop.

4. Connect to your Synology via SSH (Putty) using an admin account.

5. Get root privileges running the following command:

sudo -i

Enter your admin password when prompted.

Then go to the Update folder

6. cd /opt/Update

Run the following commands to update the existing NAKIVO Backup&Replication with the newest version:

7. chmod +x installer_file.sh

And continue the installation as the below steps show.

8 ./NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_vv10.7.1.69062__Updater_Synology_.sh

9. Start NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Start.

Note: Please download the proper file as the Synology system you have if x86 or ARM CPU.

If you have a SAAS repo, please de-attached before the update.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with, and we will get back to you.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your email and the way in which I can install the new version of Nakivo. I have little experience with Linix, may be my question today. In point 1 you mention that an Update folder must be created. Do I have to be logged in to the DSM214+ via TTY first? This is only taken at point 4.

I did point 4 first, but then I don't see an opt folder; see the screenshot below. Is there anything else I need to do?

When do you expect Synology to approve your new version for DSM v7.1?

image.png.32da4453b3dd04ff7cb7146efb234ab5.png

10 hours ago, John Leeuwis said:

Thank you for your email and the way in which I can install the new version of Nakivo. I have little experience with Linix, may be my question today. In point 1 you mention that an Update folder must be created. Do I have to be logged in to the DSM214+ via TTY first? This is only taken at point 4.

I did point 4 first, but then I don't see an opt folder; see the screenshot below. Is there anything else I need to do?

When do you expect Synology to approve your new version for DSM v7.1?

image.png.32da4453b3dd04ff7cb7146efb234ab5.png

Hello, @John Leeuwis, I communicated about your case with the Support Team and they asked you to contact them directly. Check a guide: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles

As well, you can use this link for the meeting: https://meet.goto.com/262157101

We look forward to hearing from you. Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, @3STYLER, your request was received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team. We will follow up with you shortly. Thank you for choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication as your data protection solution.

7 hours ago, 3STYLER said:

Please add Nakivo Transporter 10.7.2 to the Synology App Store, or deploy a new .sh file.

The official Nakivo Update Package still doesn't support DSM7, what's the state in the verification process?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello, @3STYLER NAKIVO team provides new versions to NAS teams as soon as they are released. Then, NAS manufacturer teams perform checks, verifications or whatever they need to do (we do not know exactly what) before publishing new versions in their app stores.

NAKIVO team has no influence on these processes and cannot speed up publishing new versions by NAS manufacturers. Please redirect this sort of questions to support of corresponding NAS.

10 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, @3STYLER NAKIVO team provides new versions to NAS teams as soon as they are released. Then, NAS manufacturer teams perform checks, verifications or whatever they need to do (we do not know exactly what) before publishing new versions in their app stores.

NAKIVO team has no influence on these processes and cannot speed up publishing new versions by NAS manufacturers. Please redirect this sort of questions to support of corresponding NAS.

Ok, I understand. But are you not willing to finally resolve this issue with Synology? It worked before with DSM6, I could even update it via the store. Also other 3rd-party apps are available there.

So how do I proceed? My Nakivo Appliance is already on 10.7.2 and I can't access the Nakivo Transporter 10.6 on my Synology anymore.

Can you please provide me a new .sh file, like the last time?

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, 3STYLER said:

Ok, I understand. But are you not willing to finally resolve this issue with Synology? It worked before with DSM6, I could even update it via the store. Also other 3rd-party apps are available there.

So how do I proceed? My Nakivo Appliance is already on 10.7.2 and I can't access the Nakivo Transporter 10.6 on my Synology anymore.

@3STYLER

- For the specific case, we need more information to investigate and provide the correct package.
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Settings/Support-Bundles.htm

- Create a ticket for us and share the screenshots of the issue.

Please specify your ticket number #176181 in the description.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, 3STYLER said:

@3STYLER Hope you are doing well. We didn’t receive any support bundle from you. Please send us the requested file so we can help you. We look forward to your response on this matter.

2 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

@3STYLER Hope you are doing well. We didn’t receive any support bundle from you. Please send us the requested file so we can help you. We look forward to your response on this matter.

I've uploaded the Support Bundle, but I don't know if this will help you.

The case is imho clear: You have to provide a new SH File, so that I can install the Nakivo Transporter 10.7.2 Package to my Synology NAS.

• Like 1

Hello, @3STYLER, do you have any questions or updates? At NAKIVO, we are constantly trying to improve our service and would love to hear your feedback on how the Support Team performed.

As far as I am informed, you got it to work now. You had to run the script in another folder like /volume1/updates, as chmod wouldn't change the permissions in the /tmp/ folder and now the Nakivo Transporter on your Synology NAS is working again 👍

18 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, @3STYLER, do you have any questions or updates? At NAKIVO, we are constantly trying to improve our service and would love to hear your feedback on how the Support Team performed.

As far as I am informed, you got it to work now. You had to run the script in another folder like /volume1/updates, as chmod wouldn't change the permissions in the /tmp/ folder and now the Nakivo Transporter on your Synology NAS is working again 👍

Yes, setting the permission of the file via chmod or even in winscp itself didn't make it executable in the /tmp/ folder, as soon as i moved the file in the /volume1/updates folder it was working.

• Like 1