NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

When using version 10.6.1 to perform backups, the network speed becomes very slow

kaoht

I am using Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 and nakivo10.5.1

When updating to nakivo10.6.1 version, the network speed will become very slow.

After that, I told the original Synology factory to downgrade the version back to nakivo10.5.1,

Internet speed returned to normal.

I don't know if this problem will be improved in version 10.8?

I currently have no plans to upgrade to version 10.7.1.

I will need to upgrade to 10.8 for direct restore from tape.

Edited by kaoht

On 12/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, kaoht said:

After that, I told the original Synology factory to downgrade the version back to nakivo10.5.1,

Hello, @kaoht your request was received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team. We will follow up with you shortly. Thank you for choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication as your data protection solution.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, kaoht said:

@kaoht, NAKIVO's new version contains many fixes/improvements and new features. Can you describe more about the issue you faced after updating to version 10.6 with a screenshot, if available?

Also, we recommend installing the latest version (10.7.2) if your environment meets the requirement.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, kaoht said:

Currently Synology nakivo version is only version 10.7.1
How do I upgrade to version 10.7.2?

I will take my concerns to my agency

@kaohtThank you for your post on the NAKIVO Forum.

Please use this article on how to update NAKIVO to v10.7 or higher on Synology x86_x64 with DSM7 via SSH console:

- Download the newest NAKIVO version 10.7 installation script for Synology NAS, for example, for the x86_x64 platform:

Please check the CPU of Synology and use the below link to download the proper package:

x86_64

armv7

armv8

For example x86_64

Then follow the below steps:

1. Copy the downloaded file to your Synology somewhere, for example, to /tmp via WinSCP or SSH:

2. Stop NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Stop

3. Connect to your Synology via SSH (Putty) using an admin account.

4. Get root privileges running the following command:

sudo -i

Enter your admin password when prompted.

5. Run the following commands to replace the existing NAKIVO with the newest version:

6. Start NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Start

We are looking forward to hearing from you. 

9 hours ago, kaoht said:

I understand that the current backup time needs to be 16:40 (LTO7) and 23:00 (LTO6) to complete the backup.
I will arrange time for a version update next week, and I will inform the follow-up after the version update.

@kaoht Thanks for your information. Please let us know if you need any further assistance from us or if this ticket could be closed. Usually, this ticket is automatically closed if there is no response on your end. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

After I updated, I found that the version of my nakivo Transporter_v10.7.2_Updater is not the main program.
So I went to the update website to download NBR_Transporter_v10.7.2_Updater_Synology.spk and upload it to the nas, how to perform the update?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kaoht said:

After I updated, I found that the version of my nakivo Transporter_v10.7.2_Updater is not the main program.
So I went to the update website to download NBR_Transporter_v10.7.2_Updater_Synology.spk and upload it to the nas, how to perform the update?

Hello, @kaoht,  We appreciate your patience during our investigation. Please clarify if you have Synology DSM7.

If so, please see the following instruction:

How to update NBR to v10.7.2 or higher on Synology x86_x64 with DSM7 via SSH console

1. Install the NBR version 10.7.1 via Synology AppCenter, replacing folder "userdata" if needed after successful installation.

2. Stop NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Stop

3. Connect to Synology via SSH (Putty) using an admin account.

4. Get root privileges running the following command:

sudo -i

Enter your admin password when prompted

5. Go to /root folder:

cd /root

5. Download the newest NBR version installation script for Synology NAS, for example, for x86_x64 platform:

wget -O updater.sh https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.2.69768_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

OR

curl -o updater.sh https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.2.69768_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

7. Run the following commands to replace the existing NBR director with the newest version:

chmod +x updater.sh

./updater.sh

8. Start NAKIVO services if needed: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Start

Links for updating NBR on Synology DSM 7 to 10.7.2

x86_64 - https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.2.69768_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

armv7 - https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.2.69768_Updater_Synology_arm_v7.sh

armv8 - https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.7.2.69768_Updater_Synology_arm_v8.sh

We are looking forward to your feedback. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hello,

as the space on /root is not enough - and also you should NOT use /root for such downloads - I decided to cd into /volume1/share/temp 

[you will have to replace the share with a shared directory on your nas and create temp there]

After that I could curl inside that directory and update nakivo to 10.7.2 with the updater.sh

In that way it worked for me.

Kind regards and happy new year @all

Martin

kamaste.it GmbH

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 10:19 PM, MYG63 said:

Hello,

as the space on /root is not enough - and also you should NOT use /root for such downloads - I decided to cd into /volume1/share/temp 

[you will have to replace the share with a shared directory on your nas and create temp there]

After that I could curl inside that directory and update nakivo to 10.7.2 with the updater.sh

In that way it worked for me.

Kind regards and happy new year @all

Martin

kamaste.it GmbH

Hello, @MYG63, thanks for your information. Actually, you can choose any folder you want to download the package (just make sure it has enough space to store the package). It is not required to use the root directory to download.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation. We are looking forward to hearing from you.