NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Support for Nutanix AOS 6.5 LTS on Roadmap?

Mr.Ed

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Charles Larocque said:

Hi,

Can we know how far AOS 6.5 is on the roadmap?

And please no "generic" answer.

A good backup solution that evolves with us is key. 

Thanks

Hello, @Charles Larocque, the best way about any roadmap questions is to contact Support Team directly using email: support@nakivo.com. But thank you for your post. I will be back with an answer as soon as posslible. 

Oddly enough, when I upgraded to AOS 6, I didn't have any issues with my Nakivo 10.7 backups.

Now that I upgraded to Nakivo 10.8, I get errors on every Nutanix backup like this: Nutanix CBT data was not provided for the "xxxx" VM

The fix for me, after almost every major update, is to delete all my Nutanix Backups from Disk and start fresh with a new backup job. (After a good backup to tape of course)

Has anyone else run into this?  The need to blow away your Nutanix backups and start over to get the CBT to work again after an upgrade?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Ed said:

Oddly enough, when I upgraded to AOS 6, I didn't have any issues with my Nakivo 10.7 backups.

Now that I upgraded to Nakivo 10.8, I get errors on every Nutanix backup like this: Nutanix CBT data was not provided for the "xxxx" VM

The fix for me, after almost every major update, is to delete all my Nutanix Backups from Disk and start fresh with a new backup job. (After a good backup to tape of course)

Has anyone else run into this?  The need to blow away your Nutanix backups and start over to get the CBT to work again after an upgrade?

@Mr.Ed Hello, your request was received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team. We will follow up with you shortly. Thank you for choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication as your data protection solution.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:23 PM, Charles Larocque said:

Hi,

Can we know how far AOS 6.5 is on the roadmap?

And please no "generic" answer.

A good backup solution that evolves with us is key. 

Thanks

@Charles Larocque I contacted the Support Team for you and i have some updates. We plan to add support for the Nutanix LTS version of AOS - 6.5 in NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.9. 

The approximate ETA is II Q of 2023, but it can be changed. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with, and we will get back to you.We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, Mr.Ed said:

@Mr.Ed, thank you for your patience. This issue was fixed in the new NAKIVO build. Please contact support to get it. We look forward to hearing from you.

15 hours ago, Mr.Ed said:

Can I get this new build?  I was about to wipe my whole server back to bare metal in an attempt to get Nutanix backups to work again.  I had a ticket open about it yesterday.

Ticket #187640

Hello @Mr.Ed, thank you for your patience. This issue was fixed in the new NAKIVO build. Please contact support to get it: support@nakivo.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Best regards

16 hours ago, Mr.Ed said:

Can I get this new build?  I was about to wipe my whole server back to bare metal in an attempt to get Nutanix backups to work again.  I had a ticket open about it yesterday.

Ticket #187640

@Mr.Ed Hello again, from the information I have the new build has already sent to you (ticket #187640). Please, check. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.