ON-DEMAND Webinar: The Ultimate Guide to VM Backup and Recovery ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

We’re excited to announce that NAKIVO has expanded the range of supported platforms to include Proxmox VE!

We’re excited to announce that NAKIVO has expanded the range of supported platforms to include Proxmox VE!

The agent-based backup support for Proxmox VM data features:

•  Full and incremental, image-based backups of Proxmox VM data, applications and operating system
•  Backup copy to remote sites, public clouds, other S3-compatible platforms and tape
•  Full VM data recovery to an identical VM on the same hypervisor using bare metal recovery
•  Instant recovery of files and app objects to the original or a custom location

Download the full-featured Free Trial of NAKIVO Backup & Replication and start protecting your Proxmox VM data today.

DOWNLOAD NOW

WEB-13218 - FB LD Main.png

18 hours ago, LRAUS said:

Hi,

Is agentless support coming as well?

Large clusters can't use agent-based backups due to multiple VLANs, etc.

Hello, @LRAUS,

We acknowledge the need for agentless support for Proxmox VE and plan to add this feature to our roadmap after investigation. However, we don't have an ETA yet.

We'd appreciate knowing how important this is for you, so we can prioritize it accordingly. Your input is valuable in shaping our development efforts. Best

• 2 months later...

Hi. I registered for download but was sent to generic download - are there specifics for Proxmox (currently running 8.2 in test). Like others, to replace VMWare ESXi. Can you email me any specific instructions or include here of course.

• The issue is under investigation 1

13 hours ago, Mike Spragg said:

Thought it'd be busier ? I'm loving Proxmox and now find out my favourite set/forget backup is available too !

Hi @Mike, great to hear that you find our agent-based backup for Proxmox useful! I highly recommend our on-demand webinar "The Ultimate Guide to VM Backup and Recovery" to help you get the most out of NAKIVO's features. It covers best practices, customer stories, and live demos.

Watch it anytime here: https://www.nakivo.com/webinar/the-ultimate-guide-to-vm-backup-and-recovery-with-nakivo/ 

22 hours ago, Mike Spragg said:

Thought it'd be busier ? I'm loving Proxmox and now find out my favourite set/forget backup is available too !

Hi @Mike, Thank you for your interest in using NAKIVO Backup & Replication for backing up your Proxmox environment. I wanted to clarify that there isn't a specific download or version of our product designed exclusively for Proxmox. The Free Trial available for download on our website allows you to back up Proxmox VE using the agent-based approach.

This means that can still protect your Proxmox VMs using the physical machine backup functionality. With this approach, the solution discovers VMs as physical machines. For more information, please refer to our blog post: https://www.nakivo.com/blog/proxmox-backup/

Please let me know if you need more information. Best regards