ON-DEMAND Webinar: The Ultimate Guide to VM Backup and Recovery ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Hello everyone,
I have the following requirement for the job scheduling:
A backup job “JOB_A” runs daily and is finished at different times depending on the amount of data. On a given day, a backup job “JOB_B” should start automatically after job “JOB_A” has finished. Is it possible to start a backup job depending on two prerequisites (predecessor and day of the week)? I could not find a configuration option for this. If there is no direct possibility, is it possible to use the script “before job start” to prevent the job from starting on the other days of the week?

Kr,
Jens

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jens Kupka said:

Hello everyone,
I have the following requirement for the job scheduling:
A backup job “JOB_A” runs daily and is finished at different times depending on the amount of data. On a given day, a backup job “JOB_B” should start automatically after job “JOB_A” has finished. Is it possible to start a backup job depending on two prerequisites (predecessor and day of the week)? I could not find a configuration option for this. If there is no direct possibility, is it possible to use the script “before job start” to prevent the job from starting on the other days of the week?

Kr,
Jens

Hello @Jens Kupka, in the current NAKIVO workflow, there is no possibility of using the two mentioned schedule types (standard schedule and "run after another job" option). In the described case it is possible to use the following workflow:

- "JOB_A" uses the post-job script.

- In the script, create a logic that checks the week of the day. On the needed weekdays, the script should work and initiate "JOB_B" with NAKIVO CLI https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Integration-and-Automation/Command-Line-Interface/Command-Line-Interface.htm

- "JOB_B" in this case should be created beforehand and does not have a schedule - it should be set to "Run on demand" rather than based on a schedule.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.