NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Please add two-factor auth for Webinterface

Mario

Hello @Mario

Thank you for your suggestion! We haven’t added this feature into NAKIVO Backup & Replication yet. 
In fact, we loved the idea so much we began working on it a short time ago. Please note that we don’t have an ETA from the Development Team behind it yet, but from their last update, I’d say we’re close to launching it. Please stay tuned in order not to miss our latest updates! 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was added in 10.4 unfortunately it is license level dependent. 2FA should be across all levels of licensing and find it a bit off-putting I had to upgrade one of my site to Enterprise licensing form Pro to get this basic security option. I have another site that is at Pro that runs a larger backup farm and pricing is quite expensive so for now I refuse to spend that budget money. Disappointed.

@Jason,

This request was already escalated to the Product Team. If you want to get a personal response, please provide the following information:

- Name
- Contact Name
- Email
- Type (Install-base, reseller, prospect, etc.)
- Value (Deal amount, $)

You can send it to me via personal messages or email directly to support@nakivo.com 

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

• 2 months later...

I have the same thing going on as Jason, only we are a lot smaller company with only a hand full of VM's. I was really happy to see that finally 2FA is implemented (great job for the developers!), which is already for a long time the facto standard, and should be especially for backup software. Passwords only are nowadays not considered safe anymore.

I was also only really disappointed to figure out it is only for Enterprise licenses. I really love you make your software also suitable for small companies so it can even run on simple NAS systems, so I hope you can consider to also make their environments more secure. In my opinion it should be for all editions, even basic. But if it would be only for subscription licenses and licenses with an active support contract that would also make a bit sense, but not only enterprise.

I created a ticket: #111952 and it it forwarded to the Product Team. But I didn't get any update if there will be a change or not.

Could you please tell if there is any plan to make it available to pro (essentials) license or if it is at least still an open point for discussion internally?

18 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

Thank you for your response. But it is still not possible to activate: "This functionality is not available in the current license".

I have the Essentials Pro license with version 10.4.1.

Please enable the functionality for Pro licenses.

@Official Moderator

I know, really a shame who decided that a basic security feature as 2fa should be only for enterprise users. It really makes no sense at all.

For example: Since we started using your software a few years ago you mainly advertised how great it was using it on NAS devices. So we used it on a Synology and it is still great.

The Synology provides 2fa for free, no monthly fee at all. Now on top of the Synology we run Nakivo with a recurring Professional license and there is no 2fa available. All the licensing options make sense where they belong, except 2fa, which should be for every license, or at least pro. Please make it available to the pro license.

3 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

@Martijn,

Please refer to the following image:

unnamed.png

Not sure how that image helps what we are trying to get Nakivo to understand....2FA should be across all license levels. This is a basic security requirement and it appears Nakivo are putting it behind a paywall. This along with the DSM 7 fiasco has me reviewing all my Nakivo installs and considering other vendors next fiscal year.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Martijn said:

@Official Moderator

Could you check if there is an ETA for the feature? It's 7 months and a few versions later, and would be nice if there is news. Should not be that hard, as it is more a limitation implemented by sales than something technical.

Hope to hear from you.

@Martijn, the 2FA feature is already implemented: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Settings/General/Users-and-Roles/Enabling-Two-Factor-Authentication.htm?Highlight=2fa

This feature is in NAKIVO since 10.4: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/RN/v10.4+Release+Notes

7 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

It is not available in the PRO license!

Nakivo.PNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Official Moderator said:

@Jason Thank you for your post. NAKIVO Backup & Replication Pro license doesn't allow 2FA (https://www.nakivo.com/how-to-buy/pricing/ - see attached screenshot). Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

2fa_pro.png

Yes, that is the whole problem. It should nowadays be for all versions. Please read a few posts back in this topic. A colleague of you said on 5th January 2022:

The feature request is created. However, there is no ETA for it yet. 

I will inform you when our team implements it. Thank you for your patience!

So could you please look up internally where this feature request is and tell us the ETA?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martijn said:

Yes, that is the whole problem. It should nowadays be for all versions. Please read a few posts back in this topic. A colleague of you said on 5th January 2022:

The feature request is created. However, there is no ETA for it yet. 

I will inform you when our team implements it. Thank you for your patience!

So could you please look up internally where this feature request is and tell us the ETA?

@Martijn  Thank you for writing on our Forum and contacting NAKIVO support. 2FA is included in Enterprise/ Enterprise Essentials and Enterprise Plus subscriptions. NAKIVO Backup & Replication Pro license doesn't allow 2FA (https://www.nakivo.com/how-to-buy/pricing/ ). We are looking forward to hearing from you.