Bubbles

Hello, @Bubbles

At the moment, NAKIVO supports only the following bare metal hypervisors:

-VMware ESXi;
-Microsoft Hyper-V;
-Nutanix AHV;

Other supported platforms may be found here:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Supported+Platforms

Proxmox, KVM and other hypervisors that are currently not supported are in NAKIVO logs and will be added in future releases. We are constantly working to improve our software solution and your posts help us to understand your needs better. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:28 AM, Official Moderator said:

Is there a time frame for integration with Proxmox or KVM in general? Early 2021? I am very interested in this as well as we will be migrating to KVM in Q1 2021.

Hello, @Bubbles

At the moment, NAKIVO supports only the following bare metal hypervisors:

-VMware ESXi;
-Microsoft Hyper-V;
-Nutanix AHV;

Other supported platforms may be found here:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Supported+Platforms

Proxmox, KVM and other hypervisors that are currently not supported are in NAKIVO logs and will be added in future releases. We are constantly working to improve our software solution and your posts help us to understand your needs better. Thank you.

Edited by David
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, Official Moderator said:

@David Thank you for your question. According to the NAKIVO development roadmap, support of KVM virtualization (proxmox is KVM based) for virtual machine backup is planned. The estimated implementation dates are yet to be determined.

I'm also highly interested in seeing KVM support being added, so that I could upgrade my license, adding my Proxmox workloads to the mix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lvrmsc said:

I'm also highly interested in seeing KVM support being added, so that I could upgrade my license, adding my Proxmox workloads to the mix.

Hello, @lvrmsc!

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions. It is valuable for us. As soon as an update is released, you'll see it on our official pages.

If I can help you with anything else, let me know.

however there is still a missing link when comes to physical backup or proxmox VM backup. restoration only limited to vmware and hyperV. not other platform, that is why i have been asking for physical server or Bare metal restore options to be available. this would help us open up other market.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leezy said:

however there is still a missing link when comes to physical backup or proxmox VM backup. restoration only limited to vmware and hyperV. not other platform, that is why i have been asking for physical server or Bare metal restore options to be available. this would help us open up other market.

Hi, @Leezy!

Thank you for your advice, it has been delivered to the Product Department. We are constantly working to improve our software solution and your posts help us understand your needs better.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Luis said:

any news?

@Luis Thank you for your post. 

At the moment, NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides data protection for the following platforms:

- VMware vSphere v5.5 - v7.0.3

- VMware Cloud Director v10.2.1 - v10.2.2

- Microsoft Server with a Hyper-V role 2022 (21H2), 20H2, 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 20H1

- Amazon EC2

- Nutanix AHV v5.10, v5.15, 5.20 (LTS)

- Microsoft Windows Server 2022, 20H2, 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2

- Microsoft Windows 10 Proб Windows 10 Home, Windows 11

- Linux Servers and workstations (see Physical machine requirements)

- Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online)

- Oracle Database (RMAN)

- File shares with the following protocols: NFS 3.x, SMB 2.x, SMB 3.x

Other supported platforms may be found here: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Supported+Platforms

Proxmox is currently not supported. We are constantly working to improve our software solution and your posts help us to understand your needs better. Thank you.