NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

VMware vSphere Storage API error has occurred on the "Onboard transporter" transporter.

Adam Chen

I have a new vSphere 7.0U1 farm and new Nakivo server setup. 
I tried to backup VM on ESXI host, I got the following error message.  All backup jobs got the same error.

Local reseller already helped to upgrade Nakivo to 10.1.1 (build 49573 from 2020 Nov Sat at 12:11:00 PM) but the result is still same.

VMware vSphere Storage API error has occurred on the "Onboard transporter" transporter.

• Like 1

Try to restart management services on your ESXi hosts - VPXA and HOSTD - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1003490 Re-adding ESXi hosts to the vCenter can also help you.

Please let us know if managed ESXi hosts have the same 7U1 version as a vCenter. Thank you for your question @Adam Chen, we are constantly working to improve our software solution and your posts help us to understand your needs better.

@Adam ChenPlease, generate and send us a support bundle. To create a support bundle, follow the instructions:
You can also use this website to send the bundle:
https://upload.nakivo.com/c/uploadPackage

You will get a ticket reference once the support bundle is submitted and very soon we'll get back to you via email. We'll put all our efforts to get everything fixed swiftly.  Thank you for understanding.