NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

How do I run a script only after a successful job?

Hi,

I have a script which ejects the medium after the job (via "post job script") and sends e-mails to employees to replace the medium. But this is also called if there was an error during the Job (failed run). (On failure the execution of the scrip should be stopped)

How can I control the script so that it is only called if the job is executed successfully?
Can I somehow run a script only as a job? Then I could start this as a following job if the main-job was successful ("Run this job After successful runs").

Or is there another way to control the execution of the scrips? 

Kind Regards
Jens

System: Synology DS920+, NAKIVO 10.2.0 (build 53298 from 31 Mar 2021); Tandberg RDX USB 3.0

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jens Kupka said:

Hi,

I have a script which ejects the medium after the job (via "post job script") and sends e-mails to employees to replace the medium. But this is also called if there was an error during the Job (failed run). (On failure the execution of the scrip should be stopped)

How can I control the script so that it is only called if the job is executed successfully?
Can I somehow run a script only as a job? Then I could start this as a following job if the main-job was successful ("Run this job After successful runs").

Or is there another way to control the execution of the scrips? 

Kind Regards
Jens

System: Synology DS920+, NAKIVO 10.2.0 (build 53298 from 31 Mar 2021); Tandberg RDX USB 3.0

Hi, @Jens Kupka!

Pre- and post-job scripts are executed disregarding a job result. But, under an enterprise-grade license, the site recovery job is available. It allows running custom scripts (not only on a Director host but on any accessible virtual or physical host), checking different conditions, and many others. 

For more informations please check https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Site+Recovery+Job+Wizard%3A+Actions

Let me know if you need any further information!

14 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hi, @Jens Kupka!

Pre- and post-job scripts are executed disregarding a job result. But, under an enterprise-grade license, the site recovery job is available. It allows running custom scripts (not only on a Director host but on any accessible virtual or physical host), checking different conditions, and many others. 

For more informations please check https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Site+Recovery+Job+Wizard%3A+Actions

Let me know if you need any further information!

Hi, thank you very much for the information. It is unfortunate that it is not possible in our version😞 But thanks anyway for the quick reply.
Kind regards, Jens

• Like 1