NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Unable to create CFIS backup folder on arm qnap

Andrea

Goodmorning

I have a nakivo installation with an unique esx server as inventory. Currently i backup all vms in a qnap  based on intel cpu with nakivo transporter app. I added a new qnap at the network and i'm trying to use it as second trasporter/repository. No problem adding it as transporter in nakivo's dashboard but i can't add the folder as repository cfis. The error is tha "the folder doesn't exists", so it can't create the NakivoBackup folder. Currently I have the doubt that I choosed the wrong nas : it's an Arm processor. I opened a support ticket but  i'm also trying to use this forum.
Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Andrea

I don't know if it works with an ARM, since I don' user Qnap.
Acording to the releasenotes of 10.3 you have a loss of functions if you are not using intel CPU

• Onboard Transporters installed on NAS devices with ARM CPU do not support VMware infrastructures

But don't worry 😀

Just crate a SMB/CIFS Share on the Qnap and use this way:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Backup+Repository+on+CIFS+Share

Hope this helps
Mario

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrea said:

Goodmorning

I have a nakivo installation with an unique esx server as inventory. Currently i backup all vms in a qnap  based on intel cpu with nakivo transporter app. I added a new qnap at the network and i'm trying to use it as second trasporter/repository. No problem adding it as transporter in nakivo's dashboard but i can't add the folder as repository cfis. The error is tha "the folder doesn't exists", so it can't create the NakivoBackup folder. Currently I have the doubt that I choosed the wrong nas : it's an Arm processor. I opened a support ticket but  i'm also trying to use this forum.
Thanks

Hello, Andrea!

So that NAKIVO Support Team can quickly identify the cause of your issue and recommend a suitable solution, please generate and send us a support bundle with the main database included for further investigation. Below you can find a step-by-step explanation of how to do that.

https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles#SupportBundles-CreatingSupportBundles

If you have any further doubt or difficulties, please let me know.

3 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, Andrea!

So that NAKIVO Support Team can quickly identify the cause of your issue and recommend a suitable solution, please generate and send us a support bundle with the main database included for further investigation. Below you can find a step-by-step explanation of how to do that.

https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles#SupportBundles-CreatingSupportBundles

If you have any further doubt or difficulties, please let me know.

Thanks, we opened a ticket to support team, as you explained, yestarday morning.

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Andrea

I don't know if it works with an ARM, since I don' user Qnap.
Acording to the releasenotes of 10.3 you have a loss of functions if you are not using intel CPU

But don't worry 😀

Just crate a SMB/CIFS Share on the Qnap and use this way:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Backup+Repository+on+CIFS+Share

Hope this helps
Mario

Thanks Mario,
but i'm worring, because I can make  the share smb/cfis on qnap, but i can't see it from nakivo. Exactly following the instruction of your link.
That we have done succesfully in other projects.

Andrea

nb . Instead i can connect nakivo to the trasporter of qnap (first step creating repository)

• 3 months later...

Hi Andrea, 

"but i'm worring, because I can make  the share smb/cfis on qnap, but i can't see it from nakivo. Exactly following the instruction of your link.
That we have done succesfully in other projects."

I have the same problem. Have you find the solution?

Thanks

Giuseppe