Jump to content
NAKIVO Community Forum

Unable to create CFIS backup folder on arm qnap


Recommended Posts

Goodmorning

I have a nakivo installation with an unique esx server as inventory. Currently i backup all vms in a qnap  based on intel cpu with nakivo transporter app. I added a new qnap at the network and i'm trying to use it as second trasporter/repository. No problem adding it as transporter in nakivo's dashboard but i can't add the folder as repository cfis. The error is tha "the folder doesn't exists", so it can't create the NakivoBackup folder. Currently I have the doubt that I choosed the wrong nas : it's an Arm processor. I opened a support ticket but  i'm also trying to use this forum.
Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrea

I don't know if it works with an ARM, since I don' user Qnap.
Acording to the releasenotes of 10.3 you have a loss of functions if you are not using intel CPU

Quote
  • Onboard Transporters installed on NAS devices with ARM CPU do not support VMware infrastructures

But don't worry 😀

Just crate a SMB/CIFS Share on the Qnap and use this way:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Backup+Repository+on+CIFS+Share

Hope this helps
Mario

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andrea said:

Goodmorning

I have a nakivo installation with an unique esx server as inventory. Currently i backup all vms in a qnap  based on intel cpu with nakivo transporter app. I added a new qnap at the network and i'm trying to use it as second trasporter/repository. No problem adding it as transporter in nakivo's dashboard but i can't add the folder as repository cfis. The error is tha "the folder doesn't exists", so it can't create the NakivoBackup folder. Currently I have the doubt that I choosed the wrong nas : it's an Arm processor. I opened a support ticket but  i'm also trying to use this forum.
Thanks

Hello, Andrea!

So that NAKIVO Support Team can quickly identify the cause of your issue and recommend a suitable solution, please generate and send us a support bundle with the main database included for further investigation. Below you can find a step-by-step explanation of how to do that.

https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles#SupportBundles-CreatingSupportBundles

If you have any further doubt or difficulties, please let me know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, Andrea!

So that NAKIVO Support Team can quickly identify the cause of your issue and recommend a suitable solution, please generate and send us a support bundle with the main database included for further investigation. Below you can find a step-by-step explanation of how to do that.

https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles#SupportBundles-CreatingSupportBundles

If you have any further doubt or difficulties, please let me know.

Thanks, we opened a ticket to support team, as you explained, yestarday morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Andrea

I don't know if it works with an ARM, since I don' user Qnap.
Acording to the releasenotes of 10.3 you have a loss of functions if you are not using intel CPU

But don't worry 😀

Just crate a SMB/CIFS Share on the Qnap and use this way:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Backup+Repository+on+CIFS+Share

Hope this helps
Mario

Thanks Mario,
but i'm worring, because I can make  the share smb/cfis on qnap, but i can't see it from nakivo. Exactly following the instruction of your link.
That we have done succesfully in other projects.

Andrea

nb . Instead i can connect nakivo to the trasporter of qnap (first step creating repository)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...