NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Powered off Phisical workstations

Loris

I added 4 workstations, which were shut down for the night, to my inventory.

Is it possible to stop the errors for the non-responding workstations and the error for the transporters (the same as for the workstations) that do not respond? (or can I turn it into an alert so I won't receive any emails?).

For the errors of the workstations I receive an email every 2 hours and another email for the transporters (the same of the workstations).

Do you think for the future to create a dedicated section where we can configure alerts and error messages?

It would be useful to be able to check the presence of the workstation and the transporter only when the backup is to be done.

I understand for a server that it should always be on, but for a workstation it can happen that it is turned off for the night or for the weekend or for the holidays.

Just as it was thought, the management of physical machines is unmanageable for an inventory with some workstations other than 3 or 4.

The error messages generated in this case risk losing focus on the really important error messages (real transporters not responding, storage not responding, vcenters or resources that must always be present that do not respond).

Loris

• Like 1

Hello, @Loris!

Please try the following procedure:

1. Open the event.log on the director server:

Linux:

/opt/nakivo/director/logs/0/events.log

Windows:

C:\Program Files\NAKIVO Backup & Replication\logs\0\events.log

2. Find the event number for the error in question

3. Disable it in the Expert mode in NAKIVO GUI:

https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Expert+Mode 

Let me know if it worked for you!

unnamed.png

Hi, I've tried these settings but it's almost worse than getting all the alert emails.
This also inhibits emails concerning "real" transporters (the ones that should be received).
Furthermore, I do not think it is possible to avoid the alert emails for unreachable worksations (there is no "error .." in the description of these errors in the log).
I think you need to create a specific configuration for the physical workstations (with dedicated configurations, alarms, emails and reports). It does not seem to me that it is normal to see all the workstations in the transporters list and at the same time also in the physical machines list and that they are contacted continuously even when they do not have a backup to perform.
For physical servers the speech could be different because it is usually expected that they are always on.

Loris

3 hours ago, Loris said:

Hi, I've tried these settings but it's almost worse than getting all the alert emails.
This also inhibits emails concerning "real" transporters (the ones that should be received).
Furthermore, I do not think it is possible to avoid the alert emails for unreachable worksations (there is no "error .." in the description of these errors in the log).
I think you need to create a specific configuration for the physical workstations (with dedicated configurations, alarms, emails and reports). It does not seem to me that it is normal to see all the workstations in the transporters list and at the same time also in the physical machines list and that they are contacted continuously even when they do not have a backup to perform.
For physical servers the speech could be different because it is usually expected that they are always on.

Loris

Hi, Loris!

NAKIVO Backup & Replication keeps the information about the discovered infrastructure in its internal database refreshed every 1 hour by default. During the inventory refresh, the product collects all required information about the virtual infrastructure, such as a list of hosts, VMs, their power state, and so on.

You can try to manually increase the time up to 24 hours for all inventories to limit inventory refresh during your workstations shutdown state.

image.png.5e3aa937533360494ba3a95f37eca8d5.png

If there are any issues, please generate a support bundle with the option "Include the main database" and then send it to our Support Team for further investigation (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles).

image.png.bb9d64f9cbf83c4c20fc39afdb03a88f.png

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.