NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Synology DSM 7 and Nakivo 10.5 compatible? Did anyone try DSM 7 / Nakivo 10.5 ?

MYG63

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @MYG63!

NAKIVO build for the Synology DSM 7 is not approved by Synology yet. So, it is unsupported now.

However, you can try this workaround:
- Deploy a new NAKIVO installation somewhere else as Virtual Appliance (VA) or installing on a supported VM, Physical or NAS;
- Share the repository folder on the Synology NAS with DSM7 as NFS / CIFS (SMB) share;
- Add this repository as existing to the new NAKIVO installation;
- Restore the configuration of old NAKIVO installation from Self-backup from the original repository.

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

5 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hi, @MYG63!

NAKIVO build for the Synology DSM 7 is not approved by Synology yet. So, it is unsupported now.

However, you can try this workaround:
- Deploy a new NAKIVO installation somewhere else as Virtual Appliance (VA) or installing on a supported VM, Physical or NAS;
- Share the repository folder on the Synology NAS with DSM7 as NFS / CIFS (SMB) share;
- Add this repository as existing to the new NAKIVO installation;
- Restore the configuration of old NAKIVO installation from Self-backup from the original repository.

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

I still know about that. We are partner of Nakivo 🙂 Thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Does NAKIVO still waits for Synology on that? Almost 4 months from last post here, and more for entire issue...

Cannot downgrade to NBR 10.4 because of vmware nor to DSM7 because if NBR 10.5. Deadend.

Maybe I've missed something and now DSM7 supports NBR 10.5?

Please, let us know. Thanks

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, cbon said:

Any update on this?

Looks like the current Nakivo package for Synology (10.5.1) is not compatible with DSM 7 (7.0.4)

Hello, @cbon Thank you for your interest in NAKIVO! Starting from the DSM 7 version of the firmware, Synology does not allow the installation of unsigned packages. So the only official source from which you can install NAKIVO at the moment is the Synology Package Center.

We in NAKIVO are doing all we can to deliver the new versions of the product as fast as possible 🧐

Due to the Synology internal testing workflow, it could take some time for the new version of NAKIVO to appear in the Package Center. Currently, the 10.5.1-61510 version of the NAKIVO is available via the Package Center on the DSM 7 version of the Synology NAS firmware.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with, and we will get back to you.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, 3STYLER said:

Please add Nakivo Transporter 10.6 to the Synology App Store

Hello, @3STYLER

Thank you for your post and request. For DSM 7 the only way to get NAKIVO 10.6 is to install 10.5.1 from Synology App Center and then manually update it to 10.6 by following this guidance: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Deployment/Updating-NAKIVO-Backup-and-Replication/Updating-on-Synology-NAS.htm#Updating2 NAKIVO 10.6 for DSM 7 in Synology App Center will be available later, probably in a couple of weeks.

Please share with us the result and if you require further assistance from us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

22 hours ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello, @3STYLER

Thank you for your post and request. For DSM 7 the only way to get NAKIVO 10.6 is to install 10.5.1 from Synology App Center and then manually update it to 10.6 by following this guidance: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Deployment/Updating-NAKIVO-Backup-and-Replication/Updating-on-Synology-NAS.htm#Updating2 NAKIVO 10.6 for DSM 7 in Synology App Center will be available later, probably in a couple of weeks.

Please share with us the result and if you require further assistance from us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

This doesn't work, I've already tried:

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 3STYLER said:

This doesn't work, I've already tried:

spacer.png

@3STYLER Thank you for your post and request.

Please follow the below steps to update Nakivo 10.5 to 10.6 manually for Synology DSM 7.

How to update NBR to v10.5 or higher on Synology x86_x64 with DSM7 via SSH console
Type.

Synology DSM7 natively supports only NBR 10.5.1 installed from AppCenter.

Please use this article on how to update NBR to v10.6.0 or higher on Synology x86_x64 with DSM7 via SSH console:

1. Install the NBR version 10.5.1 via Synology AppCenter, replacing folder "user-data" if needed after successful installation.

2. Download the newest NBR version installation script for Synology NAS, for example, for the x86_x64 platform.

3. Copy downloaded file to your Synology somewhere, for example to /tmp or /volume1/updates via WinCSP or SSH:
mkdir /volume1/updates && cd /volume1/updates && wget https://maglar.box.com/shared/static/rx0890ym7xzg3xgi1g3bd50n672zpjfz.sh

4. Stop NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Stop.

5. Connect to Synology via SSH (Putty) using an admin account.

6. Get root privileges running the following command:
sudo -i
enter your admin password when prompted.

7. Run the following commands to replace existing NBR director with newest version:

cd /volume1/updates
chmod +x rx0890ym7xzg3xgi1g3bd50n672zpjfz.sh
./rx0890ym7xzg3xgi1g3bd50n672zpjfz.sh

8. Start NAKIVO services if needed: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Start.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation. 

We are looking forward to your feedback soon. 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:33 AM, Official Moderator said:
3. Copy downloaded file to your Synology somewhere, for example to /tmp or /volume1/updates via WinCSP or SSH:
mkdir /volume1/updates && cd /volume1/updates && wget https://maglar.box.com/shared/static/rx0890ym7xzg3xgi1g3bd50n672zpjfz.sh

thanks, but your maglar.box link is not available anymore.

Can you please put this .sh file anywhere else? On a Nakivo download site would be nice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3STYLER said:

thanks, but your maglar.box link is not available anymore.

Can you please put this .sh file anywhere else? On a Nakivo download site would be nice.

Hello @3STYLER Thank you for your post, it will be helpful to community.

Please find the updater via this link:

https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.6.0.64898_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

Please share the result with us and let us know if you require further assistance from us.

We look forward to hearing any feedback from you soon.

34 minutes ago, Official Moderator said:

Hello @3STYLER Thank you for your post, it will be helpful to community.

Please find the updater via this link:

https://d96i82q710b04.cloudfront.net/res/product/DSM7/NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.6.0.64898_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

Please share the result with us and let us know if you require further assistance from us.

We look forward to hearing any feedback from you soon.

Thanks a lot, it worked like a charm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was all good to go now. I just updated Nakivo to 10.5 on a Synology nas, then updated the nas to DSM 7.1 update 1. Now it says Nakivo Backup and Replication Stopped. The package version is incompatible with your DSM. And the nakivo website says You can download the package for DSM 7 only from the Synology Package Center. But there's no option to update Nakivo from the Package center.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ozarktech said:

I followed the instructions above to install 10.6 but the package showed it needed repaired. Ran repair and it says 

image.png.f5ca321436e8074ad9fae124e6408223.png

@ozarktech Please, share your time zone and a suitable time for meeting tomorrow (2nd June). I will send you the link to the meeting with a technical expert to the private messages of your Forum account.