NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Backup remotely

Hello,

I have two locations A & B.

Location A has a VM i want to backup

Location B has storage (in a Synology using CIFS or NFS) to where i want to backup

Both locations are running ESXi. Both locations have Nakivo Backup free edition.

I added the transporter of location B to A no problem. I tried adding the repository of location B but it only accepts local directories.

So i tried on location B to add the NFS not on the Nakivo level but on the OS (Linux) level. However when I asked the Nakivo on location B to create a repository using the local directory (/opt/nakivo/backups) then i was getting the error The "Onboard transporter" transporter cannot read and/or write to the specified location (/opt/nakivo/test/). I checked the access rights and they seem fine:

drwxrwxrwx  2 bhsvc bhsvc 4096 Sep  9 13:19 test

and within the folder:

drwxrwxrwx 2 bhsvc bhsvc 4.0K Sep  9 13:19 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 bhsvc bhsvc   71 Sep  9 13:06 ..

Do you guys have any idea of what i am doing wrong or even better how to make it to work?

Thanks!

Hi! 
We have several questions to clarify:

1. Which package is installed on location B - Full or transporter only?

2. Transporter on B has repository that in located on Synology via CIF/NFS, correct?

3. >>I tried adding the repository of location B but it only accepts local directories.

This is not clear because if you added the repository as CIFS/NFS it should also work on site A.

4. >>So i tried on location B to add the NFS not on the Nakivo level but on the OS 

Could you please issue the "mount" command on B transporter? A point of interest is squash options of NFS. It should be "no_root_squash" or "all_squash".

You may also try doing the following on B transporter:

#su -s /bin/bash bhsvc
#cd <mount point of NFS>

Try create/remove fie or directory.

Also, we would like to suggest you opening a ticket with NAKIVO support regarding this matter(send your request to support@nakivo.com).

Thanks a lot for your reply!

1) Full in both.

2) Yes

3) Perhaps i did the config wrong on site A then.

* Assigned Transporter: The one from site B, correct?

* Location I have the following options: (1) Local folder on remote transporter (2) remote cifs folder (3) remote nfs folder.

Which option is the correct one if transporter on site A doesn't have direct access to the NAS on site B?

4) That works fine, that's how backup is working on site B

The reason why i didn't open a support request with NAKIVO is that i am using the free version. Should I do it?

Thank you for your time!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...