NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Errors while switching from Hyper-V to VirtualBox

Marco Zhang

Ok. I am a bit lost. I had Hyper-V installed on Windows 10, now I want to switch to VirtualBox on the same machine but always get some errors. I think what's causing them is the hyper-V I have installed. But now, I'm not sure how to uninstall it. Did someone have a similar experience?

Hi,@Marco Zhang!

You're right. Hyper-V can cause errors if you want to run a second-type hypervisor (like VirtualBox) on the same machine. So, the best solution for you is to uninstall Hyper-V if you don't want to use it anymore. You can do it using booth GUI and CLI. Disabling Hyper-V in the control panel of Windows 10 is one of the most convenient methods to uninstall Hyper-V completely. To use it, do the following:

• Click Start and open Control Panel. There are two methods of opening the Control Panel:
  1. Press Win+X and click Control Panel in the menu.
  2. Press Win+R > type appwiz.cpl > press Enter.
  • In the Control Panel window, click Turn Windows features on or off.
  • In the Windows Features tab, deselect the Hyper-V. Note: Ensure that all the checkboxes in Hyper-V subfolders are also deselected. Click OK. This will start the Hyper-V uninstallation process.
  • Click Restart to finish the process.

If for some reason you prefer another uninstalling method, check this blog post with several other disabling options https://www.nakivo.com/blog/uninstalling-or-disabling-hyper-v-in-windows-10/