NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

nakivo 10.6 and syno DSM 7.1-42661, can't update

Hi,

I updated the va to nakivo 10.6.

I also have a transporter synlogy, with DSM 7.1-42661. but when i try to update the transporter, i get this error " this packet require DSM 7.0-4000 or lower".

Any solution?

thanks.

Edited by perrcla
  • Like 1

@perrcla To bring more clarity to the situation for other users on the Forum and for you, I will explain the details.

NAKIVO on DSM 7+ could be updated only from the Synology Package center. For now, the latest NAKIVO 10.6.0 is not available in the Synology Package center. For manual update, please get in touch with Support to get the "sh" updater or wait till 10.6.0 is released by Synology Team in the Package center (usually, it takes a few weeks).

We look forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Mateusz said:

Hello,

Can we get an update regarding when NAKIVO 10.6 will be available in Synology Package center, last post was on 17.05 so it was more than month ago.

Hello @Mateusz  The new version of NAKIVO software has already been provided to Synology for approval. We are waiting for the approval and when it will be available in the Synology Package Center.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with, and we will get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mateusz said:

Hello again,

Any news regarding  when the NAKIVO 10.6 will be available in Synology Package center?

Another month is passing by 🙂 and even there is beta for 10.7 but we cant still update even  to 10.6 on Synology

Hello @Mateusz The Support Team is already on your request. Please, wait, and soon I will be back with an answer. We appreciate your patience.

3 hours ago, Mateusz said:

Hello again,

Any news regarding  when the NAKIVO 10.6 will be available in Synology Package center?

Another month is passing by 🙂 and even there is beta for 10.7 but we cant still update even  to 10.6 on Synology

@Mateusz

NAIVO 10.6 still not available at the Synology package center, and we are awaiting the approval from Synology team. As a workaround, you can install NAKIVO by using the manual procedure that will work for Director and transporter:

Please use this article on how to update NAKIVO to v10.6 or higher on Synology with DSM7 via SSH console:

- Download the newest NAKIVO version 10.6 installation script for Synology NAS, for example, for the x86_x64 platform

NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_v10.6.1.65860_Updater_Synology_x86_64.sh

x86_64:

https://maglar.box.com/s/vif8qvh5lv5y0spmjfiamnxk2xe4bpoo

ARM V7:

https://maglar.box.com/s/6qu760bcbf05uokmwddljjve3fk50ivj

ARM V8:

https://maglar.box.com/s/q9iak1l6f1tqa9gah2lzdgn6cm8c26gs

1. Copy the downloaded file to your Synology, for example, to /Volume1/@Appstore/NBR/Updates via WinSCP or SSH:

2. Stop NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Stop

3. Connect to your Synology via SSH (Putty) using an admin account.

4. Get root privileges running the following command:

sudo -i

enter your admin password when prompted

5. Run the following commands under the Updates folder to replace the existing NAKIVO with the newest version:

chmod +x NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_vXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsh

./NAKIVO_Backup_Replication_vXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.sh

6. Start NAKIVO services: Package center -- Installed -- NAKIVO -- Action -- Start

We are looking forward to hearing from you.