NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Backup of Archive Mailboxes and Modern Authentication

tkriener

Hello,

we are evaluating a switch from our existing M365-Backup solution to Nakivo.

Are there any plans to support

• the backup of Exchange Online Mailboxes
  • Modern Authentication

From the Release Notes of 10.9 I saw that the backup of Exchange Online Mailboxes is not supported yet.
In the user guide I found, that the backup user need to be excluded from conditional access. I know that in the past there where several limitations by MS, with APIs not supporting modern authentication, but as far as I know, those have been fixed.

Is this probably already implemented for the upcoming 10.10 or are there any other plans?

Regards,
Thomas Kriener

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tkriener said:

Hello,

• Modern Authentication

From the Release Notes of 10.9 I saw that the backup of Exchange Online Mailboxes is not supported yet.
In the user guide I found, that the backup user need to be excluded from conditional access. I know that in the past there where several limitations by MS, with APIs not supporting modern authentication, but as far as I know, those have been fixed.

Is this probably already implemented for the upcoming 10.10 or are there any other plans?

Regards,
Thomas Kriener

@tkriener Hello. To address your inquiry effectively, we recommend generating and submitting a support bundle to support@nakivo.com by following the instructions outlined here: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles

By doing so, you will facilitate a thorough examination of your issue by our esteemed Technical Support team. Simultaneously, this will enable us to escalate your feature request to our Product Development team for potential inclusion in our future development roadmap. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated, and we thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I requested the information to inform the community about the situation.

Best regards

16 hours ago, tkriener said:

Hello,

• Modern Authentication

Regards,
Thomas Kriener

@tkriener 

We would like to express our gratitude for your patience as we conducted our investigation. It appears that there may be some ambiguity surrounding the question at hand.

It's worth noting that support for the backup of Exchange Online Mailboxes has been available since version 9.2, as documented in our release notes here: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/Release-Notes/Content/v9-Release-Notes/v9.2-Release-Notes.htm

Furthermore, the inclusion of Modern Authentication support was introduced in version 10.7.1, as detailed in our release notes here: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/Release-Notes/Content/v10-Release-Notes/v10.7.1-Release-Notes.htm

It's possible that there might be a requirement for something different or there may have been a misunderstanding when reviewing the release notes. If you require further clarification or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance. We are here to ensure that you have a clear understanding of our product's capabilities. Thank you for your ongoing interest to NAKIVO Backup & Replication.

Hello,

thanks for your explanation.

I'm not able to provide any support bundle, because we are not yet using the M365 backup from Nakivo.

I understand from the following statement of the 10.9 Release notes in section "Microsoft 365", that the backup of "online archive mailboxes", is not supported in 10.9:

• Backup and recovery of guest mailboxes, public folder mailboxes, online archive mailboxes, Group calendars, and Group planners, distribution groups, mail-enabled groups, security groups, resource mailboxes, read-only calendars, calendars added from Directory, event messages (that is, "#microsoft.graph.eventMessageRequest", "#microsoft.graph.eventMessage"), and outbox folders are not supported.

This is were I would like to know if this is on the roadmap or may be already in the 10.10 version.

Thanks,
Thomas Kriener

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tkriener said:

Hello,

thanks for your explanation.

I'm not able to provide any support bundle, because we are not yet using the M365 backup from Nakivo.

I understand from the following statement of the 10.9 Release notes in section "Microsoft 365", that the backup of "online archive mailboxes", is not supported in 10.9:

• Backup and recovery of guest mailboxes, public folder mailboxes, online archive mailboxes, Group calendars, and Group planners, distribution groups, mail-enabled groups, security groups, resource mailboxes, read-only calendars, calendars added from Directory, event messages (that is, "#microsoft.graph.eventMessageRequest", "#microsoft.graph.eventMessage"), and outbox folders are not supported.

This is were I would like to know if this is on the roadmap or may be already in the 10.10 version.

Thanks,
Thomas Kriener

@tkriener Dear Mr. Kriener, thank you for your post, and I appreciate your inquiry.

It has come to my attention that you are seeking clarification regarding the inclusion of support for backing up online archive mailboxes in the forthcoming release of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, specifically in version 10.10.

While it is prudent to employ the term "planned" when discussing potential features, given the potential for evolving circumstances, I wish to affirm that this feature is unequivocally within our product roadmap.

Best regards.