ON-DEMAND Webinar: The Ultimate Guide to VM Backup and Recovery ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Transporter not sending data at expected speed.

Matt Belben

We have an issue where our transporters are not passing data at the expected 1GB rate. 

I have reached out to Nakivo with no response yet but wasn't sure if there was some sort of software hard limit? 

I have a copy job that runs at 1GB speed but anything using vmware transporter is bottoming out at around 450mb. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt Belben said:

We have an issue where our transporters are not passing data at the expected 1GB rate. 

I have reached out to Nakivo with no response yet but wasn't sure if there was some sort of software hard limit? 

I have a copy job that runs at 1GB speed but anything using vmware transporter is bottoming out at around 450mb. 

spacer.png

@Matt Belben Hello, your request has been forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team. Were you able to send a support bundle to support@nakivo.com when requesting assistance?

If not, the best thing would be to generate and send a support bundle (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles) to our support team as this would speed up the investigation and resolution of the issue.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Matt Belben said:

spacer.png

Hello @Matt Belben

NAKIVO Backup & Replication uses all resources available to it to execute a job. If a job is running too slowly, there may be a resource shortage for some of the operations part of a backup job: reading data from source, writing data to target or transfers over the network. 

To help us identify the bottleneck that's slowing down the job, please enable the "Bottleneck detection" option in the job settings for at least one VM and complete at least one full backup run.

For step-by-step instructions, you can check the following link:
https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Backup/Creating-VMware-Backup-Jobs/Backup-Job-Wizard-for-VMware-Options.htm#Data

Please send us a support bundle afterward (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles) to support@nakivo.com and specify the job name, and if specific VMs are affected, provide their names and we will investigate the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.