NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Backup to Cloud

Hello!

My virtualized environment is with Hyper-V and Windows Server 2022. I have a VM that I have a problem with the backup strategy for the cloud. It's a VM with 2TB of data. My cloud provider is a Wasabi S3 Object.

All other backups of the VMs which are smaller are working fine My issue is on the 2TB data VM.

The local Job is configured to do Synthetic Full every Friday. My JOB that saves the backups in the cloud is configured as a Backup Copy Job. But as the local JOB does the Synthetic Full, this copy to the cloud is taking too long, it is impacting the other JOBs.

Any suggestions on backing up to cloud servers with large volume of data? What is the most efficient way to back up to the cloud?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ezequiel Kich said:

Hello!

My virtualized environment is with Hyper-V and Windows Server 2022. I have a VM that I have a problem with the backup strategy for the cloud. It's a VM with 2TB of data. My cloud provider is a Wasabi S3 Object.

All other backups of the VMs which are smaller are working fine My issue is on the 2TB data VM.

The local Job is configured to do Synthetic Full every Friday. My JOB that saves the backups in the cloud is configured as a Backup Copy Job. But as the local JOB does the Synthetic Full, this copy to the cloud is taking too long, it is impacting the other JOBs.

Any suggestions on backing up to cloud servers with large volume of data? What is the most efficient way to back up to the cloud?

@Ezequiel Kich , your information/request has been received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team.

Meanwhile, the best way for both sides would be to generate and send a support bundle (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles) to support@nakivo.com so our Technical Support team can investigate your issue having more details.

3 hours ago, Ezequiel Kich said:

Hello!

Hello @Ezequiel Kich

We appreciate your patience during our investigation.

NAKIVO can not affect the speed of the data transfer to the cloud-hosted Repository. As a result, the data transfer of the big VMs is time consumed. Also, using the "Synthetic full backup" settings will not be an option for you: please set to use the "Active full backup" to optimize the data transfer and prevent the issue in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.