NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Local Backup

Daniel Baessler

3 hours ago, Daniel Baessler said:

I have on Server where NAKIVO is installed and i need to back this Server up beause it is the Server where the other Services run. How i can add thhis Server to the Inventory?

@Daniel Baessler, for now, it is not possible to back up the physical machine on which NAKIVO Backup & Replication is installed because of a conflict between the already installed Transporter and the physical agent needed for backing up the machine.

The good news is that our development team is actively working on a Universal Transporter feature to resolve scenarios like the one you're facing. Our quality assurance engineers are currently testing the Universal Transporter functionality.

Once testing completes and the feature meets our release criteria, it will be included in an upcoming version update. I don't have an exact release date to share yet, but please keep an eye out for this capability.

In the meantime, feel free to reach out to support if any other questions come up: support@nakivo.com.

Thank you for being a NAKIVO customer and participating in our community!