NAKIVO Introduces Agent-Based Data Protection for Proxmox VE ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Invalid credentials, how change the config to the new credentials?

Mikalo

Good morning, I have problems with the backup of nakivo22, I started working in the state computer and the previous computer technicians who were had nothing organized and were unreliable people, to change the password of the user of the VMware I jumped that Nakivo can not access the VMware to make backups, you need new credentials, where I can reconfigure the new credentials nakivo so that it can return to access the VMware and can complete the backups ? the nakivo22 is installed inside a linux in ubuntu console mode.

Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-12 085239.png

Edited by Mikalo
  • Like 1

This is the error:

VM cannot be processed

"ASERVER" VM cannot be processed. Time spent: 18 seconds. Reason: RefreshJobObjectResources: rawFaultCode: ServerFaultCode, rawFaultString: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password. (InvalidLogin).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikalo said:

Good morning, I have problems with the backup of nakivo22, I started working in the state computer and the previous computer technicians who were had nothing organized and were unreliable people, to change the password of the user of the VMware I jumped that Nakivo can not access the VMware to make backups, you need new credentials, where I can reconfigure the new credentials nakivo so that it can return to access the VMware and can complete the backups ? the nakivo22 is installed inside a linux in ubuntu console mode.

Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-12 085239.png

@Mikalo, Hello, your information/request has been received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team. Meanwhile, the best approach would be to generate and send a support bundle (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles) to support@nakivo.com so our Technical Support team can provide the required assistance.

Information about your environment and setup are important for a swift resolution of your issue. Thank you.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:30 AM, Mikalo said:

This is the error:

VM cannot be processed

"ASERVER" VM cannot be processed. Time spent: 18 seconds. Reason: RefreshJobObjectResources: rawFaultCode: ServerFaultCode, rawFaultString: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password. (InvalidLogin).

@Mikalo , there are 3 different sets of credentials in your case:

1. Based on the screenshot, there's the Linux OS password.

This password gives shell access. It is necessary if you need to check NAKIVO Backup & Replication logs or reset the Web GUI password.

2. NAKIVO Backup & Replication GUI password.

This password gives you access to the NAKIVO Backup & Replication web UI, that is access to jobs, configurations and your data protection infrastructure. To chage or recover this password, please refer to the following article: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Getting-Started/Logging-in-to-NAKIVO-Backup-and-Replication.htm?Highlight=password#Changing

3. VMware Center or standalone ESXi credentials.

These credentials allow you to add vCenter to the NAKIVO Backup & Replication inventory. For information on how to add vCenters and ESXi hosts to Inventory, please refer to this article: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Settings/Inventory/Adding-VMware-vCenters-and-ESXi-Hosts.htm 

Let us know if you need further assistance.