ON-DEMAND Webinar: The Ultimate Guide to VM Backup and Recovery ×
NAKIVO Community Forum

Multiple Backups

Hi,

Im currently backing up Exchange Online through Nakivo, I also want to keep a copy of these backups offsite for redundancy. I cant find an easy (without extra licenses also) way of doing this.

The only method that i can use reliably is creating a another Backup job with a different Transporter at my offsite location and running the backup again, whilst this works well im duplicating my licence costs. Is there a better way of doing this please?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asecomputers said:

Hi,

Im currently backing up Exchange Online through Nakivo, I also want to keep a copy of these backups offsite for redundancy. I cant find an easy (without extra licenses also) way of doing this.

The only method that i can use reliably is creating a another Backup job with a different Transporter at my offsite location and running the backup again, whilst this works well im duplicating my licence costs. Is there a better way of doing this please?

@asecomputers Hello, your information/request has been received and forwarded to our Level 2 Support Team.

Meanwhile, the best approach would be to generate and send a support bundle (https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles) to support@nakivo.com so our Technical Support team can provide swift assistance.

Thank you.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:02 AM, asecomputers said:

Hi,

Hello @asecomputers,

NAKIVO Backup & Replication does not support backup copy for Microsoft 365 data for now. But there are workarounds that you can use:

1) Deploy an additional Transporter on your offsite location and add the Transporter to the existing NAKIVO Director instance.

2) Create a SaaS repository on the newly deployed Transporter host.

3) Set up an additional backup job pointing to the newly created repository.

While we understand that this may not be the ideal solution, it can help achieve redundancy without adding license costs. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or need further assistance.