NAKIVO Community Forum

Screenshot Verification - Lack of Memory Available

Hi,

A bit of background relevant to the question; We have a hypervisor with 48GB RAM. This is intended for only 1 virtual machine, a very high volume MS SQL server on the underlying SSD storage. The guest VM will be using 32GB RAM, so 75% of the RAM on the host.

It is not yet backed up by NAKIVO (I will be adding it this weekend to give it time to perform the initial backup).

I would like to enable screenshot verification on the VM when I do add it, but this will take the memory usage over what the host has when it does a Flash Boot to verify the screenshot. 

Is it likely to just fail, or will it spill over to the configured page file? Or is there any way I can set it to have a lesser amount of RAM when it does the Flash Boot?

Thanks in advance.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, Bedders said:

Ok, thank you for the reply.

I'm going to be adding it to NAKIVO prior to the weekend, so I will update this thread with results in case anyone else comes across it.

hi there 
are there any updates on your issue? 

1 hour ago, Trevorr said:

hi there 
are there any updates on your issue? 

Hi Trevorr,

Apologies for not getting back as promised!

As per my other thread (linked below) I can't even enable Screenshot Verification. NAKIVO support has advised upgrading to version 9.1 but we can't do this for another couple of weeks unfortunately. Once I do, I will update both threads.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Bedders said:

Hi Trevorr,

Apologies for not getting back as promised!

As per my other thread (linked below) I can't even enable Screenshot Verification. NAKIVO support has advised upgrading to version 9.1 but we can't do this for another couple of weeks unfortunately. Once I do, I will update both threads.

Thanks, Bedders for keeping me updated👍

Just as an addition to this, it looks like in the Release Notes for NBR 9.0 it says the below. I suspect that, since I'm on V 8.5.2, this is the issue. I'll confirm in a couple of weeks.

Microsoft Hyper-V 2019 Support

The new version of NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides full Microsoft Hyper-V 2019 support

1 hour ago, Bedders said:

Just as an addition to this, it looks like in the Release Notes for NBR 9.0 it says the below. I suspect that, since I'm on V 8.5.2, this is the issue. I'll confirm in a couple of weeks.

Microsoft Hyper-V 2019 Support

The new version of NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides full Microsoft Hyper-V 2019 support

Yes, the support of Hyper-V 2019 was added in NAKIVO 9.0.0 version.

• 8 months later...

My apologies, I forgot to reply here. Updating for anyone in the future.

We upgraded NAKIVO B&R to v10.0.0 which resolved the issue. VM's are now all on Server 2019 hosts and boot verification is working as expected.

• Like 1