Jump to content

Unable to remove Windows physical machine from inventory and transporter list


naktyro
 Share

Recommended Posts

As per the title really. I cannot figure out how to remove this item from the inventory. I have successfully removed the others, but this one is stuck.

Be most grateful if someone could give me a heads up on how to kill this item. I don't mind getting into the cmd screens if that is required/easiest. Quite happy in a terminal.

TIA

ddimage0.jpg

ddimage1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, naktyro said:

As per the title really. I cannot figure out how to remove this item from the inventory. I have successfully removed the others, but this one is stuck.

Be most grateful if someone could give me a heads up on how to kill this item. I don't mind getting into the cmd screens if that is required/easiest. Quite happy in a terminal.

TIA

ddimage0.jpg

ddimage1.jpg

@naktyro I appreciate your patience during our investigation. Make sure that the job related to the inventory object is removed. Try to retry the removal later (probably the inventory object was busy with the refresh task).

Please, refresh the NAKIVO Backup & Replication UI page, then check if the option for removing is available. In case the issue still occurs, contact NAKIVO Backup & Replication support. 

I am looking forward to your feedback. Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, Official Moderator said:

@naktyro I appreciate your patience during our investigation. Make sure that the job related to the inventory object is removed. Try to retry the removal later (probably the inventory object was busy with the refresh task).

Please, refresh the NAKIVO Backup & Replication UI page, then check if the option for removing is available. In case the issue still occurs, contact NAKIVO Backup & Replication support. 

I am looking forward to your feedback. Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think this really has anything to do with it because of the following

1 - I have already removed every job and started with a clean sheet prior to posting the issue

2 - I also refreshed all the various pages and rebooted the machine from a fully turned off state, again prior to posting the original issue.

But for the record, I tried this again.

The Transporter hangs on refreshing at 40% and the Inventort error keeps coming back when I cancel it.

I think I really need to get in at the cmd level and force kill/remove the invetory and transporter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, naktyro said:

Thank you for your reply. I don't think this really has anything to do with it because of the following

1 - I have already removed every job and started with a clean sheet prior to posting the issue

2 - I also refreshed all the various pages and rebooted the machine from a fully turned off state, again prior to posting the original issue.

But for the record, I tried this again.

The Transporter hangs on refreshing at 40% and the Inventort error keeps coming back when I cancel it.

I think I really need to get in at the cmd level and force kill/remove the invetory and transporter.

@naktyro Thank you for the information provided. Please generate and send us a new support bundle with the main database for further investigation. Do not forget to specify your ticket number #167256 in the description. Check a guide: https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/NH/Support+Bundles

We look forward to hearing from you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case anyone else is searching around and comes across this, I had a support call from Nakivo this AM. Problem was the Windows agent wasn't starting. As soon as I manually started it everything went fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, naktyro said:

In case anyone else is searching around and comes across this, I had a support call from Nakivo this AM. Problem was the Windows agent wasn't starting. As soon as I manually started it everything went fine.

Thank you for your update 😇 Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...